Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sick Sick Sinners "Unfuckinstoppable"

(Crazy Love Records 2014)
 
Coffee Freak
Where Is My Baby Girl
3 Demons At My Door
Six Feet Underground
Wild Party In Hell
Same Breed
We Wanna Drink Some More
Unfuckinstoppable
Bacon Seed
Wasted Every Day
 
Fuck me pink...purple if you're able, but this is a ten track blitz on the aural senses. Vlad and the lads certainly have the pedal to the floor. Actually, if psychobilly was a souped-up engine I'd imagine it'd sound like this. Slap bass fans rejoice because the sound captured here of said instrument-o-orgasms shall send pulsations of pleasure up and down your own instrument-o-orgasms. Both drums and bass are recorded at the perfect level with lashings of clarity. The guitar is crunchy and powerful...rock but not quite metal. The vocals? Well, as you know by now if you read my musings I'm not a fan of the auld horror theatrics in the vox department but that's not the case with every band. Vlad being one of the few exceptions to that rule. Actually his vocal styling add to the whole sonic aggression of the album. The boys aren't just speed merchants though. They're craftsmen. They've put together some ditties here that you just want to go back and hear again. I love the production on this album. It's pretty much perfect. Now to go get my brand new box of tissues and listen to it all over again.

The O'Prez



 
 

No comments: